Would you like to work with us to improve kidney care? If so, we invite you to get involved by joining our network of patient partners.
A patient partner is a patient, or family member/caregiver of a patient, who…
- Has lived experience with (or is at risk of) kidney disease
- Is interested in making a difference in kidney care
- Is open to sharing their experience and working with health care professionals and other partners
Patient partners of BC Renal contribute in various ways within our provincial renal network. This includes designing, planning, implementing and evaluating our kidney care services.
Together, we aim to ensure that people with kidney disease in BC will have the highest quality of person-centred care possible, enabling them to live their lives to the fullest.
All our patient partners are interviewed, trained and supported on an ongoing basis to ensure their contributions are meaningful and have impact.
Why do our patient partners get involved?
Our patient partners have noted a number of benefits from working with us, including:
- Understanding how health care professionals and patients can work together in the kidney health system
- Meeting others who are impacted by kidney disease
- Empowering themselves by being a part of the kidney care planning process
- Strengthening their ability to promote awareness of kidney disease.
We are currently looking for patient partners for the engagement opportunities listed below. If you are interested in any of the following opportunities, please express your interest by email or phone with:
- Your contact information (if this is your first time responding an engagement opportunity with BC Renal);
- The opportunity you are interested in; and
- Your answer(s) to the RSVP question(s) for the opportunity.
Any questions about an engagement opportunity? Please get in touch!
Have you (or your family member) been receiving care at a Kidney Care Clinic for the past 18 months or more? We’d love to hear about your care experience and your thoughts on how to better use a combination of in-person, phone and video visits to provide kidney care in the future! Would you like to participate in an interview by phone or Zoom?
RSVP deadline: June 30, 2021View Outline
We are looking for two patient partners to join a project team that is working to understand how to better use a combination of in-person, phone and video visits to provide care for patients at Kidney Care Clinics in BC. If you have been receiving at a Kidney Care Clinic since before the pandemic, and if you are interested in getting involved, this could be the opportunity for you!
Deadline: May 28, 2021
BC Renal Executive Committee discusses and makes strategic decision to ensure delivery of kidney services is consistent across the province. Have you partnered with any BC Renal committees and/or working groups and would like to make a difference with this committee? Please consider joining us.View Outline