Would you like to work with us to improve kidney care? If so, we invite you to get involved by joining our network of patient partners.
A patient partner is a patient, or family member/caregiver of a patient, who…
- Has lived experience with (or is at risk of) kidney disease
- Is interested in making a difference in kidney care
- Is open to sharing their experience and working with health care professionals and other partners
Patient partners of BC Renal contribute in various ways within our provincial renal network. This includes designing, planning, implementing and evaluating our kidney care services.
Together, we aim to ensure that people with kidney disease in BC will have the highest quality of person-centred care possible, enabling them to live their lives to the fullest.
All our patient partners are interviewed, trained and supported on an ongoing basis to ensure their contributions are meaningful and have impact.
Why do our patient partners get involved?
Our patient partners have noted a number of benefits from working with us, including:
- Understanding how health care professionals and patients can work together in the kidney health system
- Meeting others who are impacted by kidney disease
- Empowering themselves by being a part of the kidney care planning process
- Strengthening their ability to promote awareness of kidney disease.
We are currently looking for patient partners for the engagement opportunities listed below. If you are interested in any of the following opportunities, please express your interest by email or phone with:
- Your contact information (if this is your first time responding an engagement opportunity with BC Renal);
- The opportunity you are interested in; and
- Your answer(s) to the RSVP question(s) for the opportunity.
Any questions about an engagement opportunity? Please get in touch!
Are you interested in lending your voice to guide activities related to projects and initiatives in the BC kidney network? If you're interested and have had experience working with any BC Renal committees and/or working groups, we'd love to hear from you! View Outline
Deadline: February 12, 2021
Would you be interested in providing guidance to the patient and family engagement activities in BC Renal? If yes, this could be the opportunity for you!View Outline
Deadline: February 12, 2021
BC Renal Executive Committee discusses and makes strategic decision to ensure delivery of kidney services is consistent across the province. Have you partnered with any BC Renal committees and/or working groups and would like to make a difference with this committee? Please consider joining us.
Deadline: February 28, 2021View Outline
Are you a patient or family caregiver with lived experience of peritoneal dialysis (PD)? Would you like to take part in selecting vendors that will be providing supplies and service for patients on PD across BC? If yes, join the PD Requests for Proposal Evaluation Working Group! As a member of the working group, you will have an opportunity to use your experience and work with health care professionals to ensure that the selection focuses on patient needs.
Are you interested in working together with health professionals to improve the quality of life of people living with chronic kidney disease? Join our committee so the patient/ family voice can help shape the effort to enable a better palliative approach to care along the entire kidney journey!
Deadline: January 22, 2021