Would you like to work with us to improve kidney care? If so, we invite you to get involved by joining our network of patient partners.
A patient partner is a patient, or family member/caregiver of a patient, who…
- Has lived experience with (or is at risk of) kidney disease
- Is interested in making a difference in kidney care
- Is open to sharing their experience and working with health care professionals and other partners
Patient partners of BC Renal contribute in various ways within our provincial renal network. This includes designing, planning, implementing and evaluating our kidney care services with a committee or working group for a set term. They may also participate in one-time activities such as surveys, focus groups and interviews.
Together, we aim to ensure that people with kidney disease in BC will have the highest quality of person-centred care possible, enabling them to live their lives to the fullest.
Why do our patient partners get involved?
Our patient partners have noted a number of benefits from working with us, including:
- Understanding how health care professionals and patients can work together in the kidney health system
- Meeting others who are impacted by kidney disease
- Empowering themselves by being a part of the kidney care planning process
- Strengthening their ability to promote awareness of kidney disease.
Join Our Community!
Fill out our sign-up form to help us get to know you, why you are interested and keep you informed of opportunities and resources that are relevant for you.
If you are interested in engagement opportunities and do not use email, please call 604-875-7340.
You may also want to check out our current opportunities here.