Posters are a great way for members of our kidney care community to showcase and share their clinical research and quality improvement initiatives.
We invite all BC kidney care teams to submit abstracts on local or regional research, education and patient care initiatives. All topics related to enhancing the quality of care for patients, including pre-dialysis, dialysis, and transplant are welcome.
Congratulations to the winners of the e-posters award of 2023:
- First Place: Oncology Screening in Post-Renal Transplant Patients: A Retrospective Review of Adherence to Screening Guidelines in a Canadian Health Region (PDF)
- Authors: R. A. Housani, Dr. P. Birks, C. Cheung, H. Golding, Dr. F. Rashid, R. Shen, T. Toor
- Second Place: Bridging the Gap: Implementing the Transitional Care Approach for New Hemodialysis Patients (PDF)
- Authors: P. Khanna, J. Hidalgo, N. Craig, E. Barsky, D. Lin
- First Place: Evaluation of Vitamin D Levels and Outcomes in Patients on Hemodialysis in Fraser Health – A Retrospective Health Record Review (PDF)
- Authors: G. Rana, A. Chiu, L. Yan
- Second Place: Transplant Wellness Program at the University of Calgary: Multiphasic intervention to improve wellness in kidney and liver transplant recipients (PDF) (2nd place)
- Author: K. Wytsma-Fisher, M. A. Perinpanayagam, K. W. Burak, D. Isaac, S. N. Culos-Reed, S. Mustata
Abstracts can be submitted in the following two categories:
Clinical/translational research (including noteworthy case reports and series): Creating new knowledge that can be generalized in other populations and settings.
Quality initiative: Using existing knowledge to improve healthcare outcomes within a local healthcare institution or setting.
Submitters are welcome to present previously published research and posters displayed at other events.