The Wilma Crockett Memorial Award is an opportunity for the BC kidney community to celebrate its heritage and accomplishments, and to recognize the many leaders who have made an outstanding contribution to our endless quest for excellence in kidney care.
The Wilma Crockett Memorial Award is open to all BC kidney care professionals, from all disciplines, active and retired, passed or present. Members of all renal disciplines are encouraged to nominate colleagues whom they feel meet the award criteria. This includes not only those who work directly with patients, but also program and technical staff.
The Wilma Crockett Memorial Award recipient will be:
- A leader among peers, able to engage and inspire other renal professionals to reach high while pursuing real and tangible goals in the betterment of kidney care delivery.
- Innovative in the pursuit of creative solutions to the vexing problems that stand as barriers to improved care and quality of life for people with chronic kidney disease.
- Respectful of the expertise and value of all renal professionals and the importance of team building in achieving excellence in kidney care.
- A role model in the pursuit of excellence, setting high personal standards and, through collegial support and encouragement, inspiring others to do the same.
- Curious and questioning in the quest for new knowledge that may lead to improved quality of care and a better life for people with chronic kidney disease.