To better support PD patients living in rural remote areas, BC Renal, in collaboration with health authority partners and patients, developed comprehensive modules consisting of basic principles of PD, clinical care paths for managing PD complications and PD procedure videos. Following extensive consultations, pilot testing and evaluation, these resources provide step-by-step information to support health care clinicians caring for the PD patient in rural remote community facilities.
- Performing a CAPD Baxter Twin Bag exchange
- Collecting a PD effluent specimen
- Changing a PD transfer set
- Adding medications to dialysate
- Performing an exit site dressing change